If your business employs multiple applicators, you can submit a single report on behalf of all of the applicators employed by your business during the report year. There are there methods of doing this.
Unless all of the applicators on whose behalf you are reporting made no pesticide applications during the report year, you must include at least one Form 26 regardless of which of the three methods you use.
Option A: Methods 1, 2
Option B: Methods 1, 3
Method 1 - Recommended
Enter the name and certification number of one applicator on the Registration form.
It does not matter which of your business’s applicators you enter on the Registration form; however, if your company has one applicator with primary supervisory responsibility over other applicators, that applicator would be a reasonable choice.
- Fill out or create a Form 26A listing all applicators employed by your business during the report year, whether or not they made any pesticide applications.
Fill out or create a Form 26 for all reportable pesticide applications made by all your applicators.
The information on the Registration form does not need to be changed to report for multiple applicators. Normally, when you open a blank Form 26, the certification number on the Registration form is copied to the new Form 26. This is acceptable, even though the applicator shown might not have personally performed all (or even any) of the pesticide applications reported or supervised the making of those applications.
Although it is not required by the DEC, you may maintain a separate Form 26 for each applicator entered on Form 26A.
- On the Registration form check the box labeled “Check here if you wish to maintain separate application files …”.
- Then open a blank Form 26; a list of the applicators from your Form 26A will be shown.
Select one of the applicators. The name and Certification ID of the applicator you select will be written to the header area of the empty Form 26.
If you are using Option B, you can create separate Form 26s for each applicator:
- Enter the name and certification number of one applicator on the Registration form.
- Create a separate Form 26 for each applicator.
- Change the certification number and applicator name in the header of each Form 26.
- Saving the form will save the name and ID of the applicator with that Form 26 file.