Certified pesticide applicators and pesticide sales businesses that make applications or sell pesticides in the State of New York are legally required to submit an annual report. This site provides documentation to software and processes designed by the Pesticide Reporting Service Bureau in conjunction with the NYSDEC to assist you in meeting that requirement. If you need additional assistance with the reporting process, please contact us.
The PRL Software Installation Guide is for anyone installing the software for the first time or upgrading from a previous version. Before you download one of our software packages, determine which option is best suited to your needs.
Getting Started Guides
Use these quick overviews to get up and running quickly:
After you have installed a Reporting Software Option, explore their features in the appropriate user guide:
- Option A – Desktop software for Windows which provides electronic data entry forms similar to the paper forms. We recommend this option for most users who have application or sales data to report. Option A will also validate files created by third-party applications (This functionality replaces Option C, which has been discontinued.)
- Option B – A desktop application that requires Microsoft Excel on Windows. This option is recommended for users of Excel, but does require some additional configuration.
- Option D and O – Formatted Excel spreadsheets with none of the features provided by Option B . Option D is recommended for users having difficulty installing or configuring Option B , users with small amounts of data to enter or Macintosh users of Excel. Option O is for users that have a spreadsheet application that is not Excel. These would include programs such as Apple’s Numbers or OpenOffice.org’s Calc.
Click the links below to download a Microsoft Word version of our Guides and related documentation.
Installation and Report Submission Guides
- Text File Specifications - specifications for third-party software PRL files and manually-created PRL files.
- Report File Naming - PRL files names require a standard form prefix and extension. Our software defaults the file name based on the naming convention in this guide when you save a file. Please review the guide if you want to change the default name.
- Enabling Macros In Excel for Option B - Option B uses macros to enhance the basic Excel workbooks and will not work without them. Use this guide to configure Excel and the Option B workbooks.