The information on this page only applies to version 6.1 of the Reporting Software Options and related documentation. See this page for other versions of the documentation. The version number of the PRL software you are using can be found on the Help menu under the About item.
The Report Folder displayed in the upper left corner of the Control Center is the recommended location for storing your report files. The identity.txt file is also stored here. This location is changed if you use either the Change Report Root or Change Report Year functions.
Change Report Root
- Menu Item: Tools -> Change Report Root (keystroke shortcut: Alt-T, R)
Change Report Year
- Menu Item: Tools -> Change Year (keystroke shortcut: Alt-T, Y)
- Button: Change Year (keystroke shortcut: Alt-Y)
Saves the contact and identity information on the Control Center to the identity.txt file in the report year folder. Contact and identity information is automatically saved when you exit the program, open a PRL Form, or initiate an upload of your report, but this menu option lets you save the identity information whenever you want.
- Menu Item: File –> Save (keystroke shortcut: Alt-F, S)
Edit Product List
The EPA Product List is a list of pesticide products (EPA Registration Numbers and Product Names) that you use frequently when preparing PRL reports. This command opens a dialog box with which you can create or edit your Product List. You can also open the EPA Product List dialog from Forms 25, 26 and 27. See EPA Registration Number List for more information.
- Menu Item: Tools -> Edit Product List (keystroke shortcut: Alt-T, E)
- Menu Item: Tools -> Upload Report (keystroke shortcut: Alt-T, U)
- Button: Upload Report (keystroke shortcut: Alt-U)
Enables you to change the background color of the application's windows.
- Menu Item: Tools -> Background Color (keystroke shortcut: Alt-T, B)
The Help menu on the Control Center gives you access to several documents.
- How to Submit Files to DEC — opens a set of detailed instructions on submitting your report.
- User Guide — opens this guide.
- File Format Guidelines — text file specifications
- About — open a simple dialog box with information about the software version you are running.
This button displays a brief set of instructions for filling out the Control Center fields.
Exits the program.
- Menu Item: File -> Exit (keystroke shortcut: Alt-F, X)
- Button: Exit (keystroke shortcut: Alt-X)
- Close window button (top right corner of the Control Center)
- Windows menu (click the icon in the left corner of the title bar) – Close Window