- Do not use ditto marks or equivalent notation on any of the four form types.
- Each required column should contain a single value (one EPA number, one street address etc).
- Do not add extra columns to the files that you send us; report only columns that are on the four form types. or the file types defined in the Text File Specifications
- Consult the Data Dictionary for the description of any column you have questions about. For example, the and county columns require specific abbreviations or codes.
- Submit all your data for the entire year at one time. Do not send us the data incrementally, such as by the month or week.
- Send all the files that are part of your report in one submission using a single submission method. For example, do not send a paper form 26A to the DEC in Albany and an electronic form 26 to the PRL Service Bureau.
- Do not send multiple copies of your report using different submission methods. We monitor all reporting channels (PRL software upload, web site upload, email and paper) and will get the report through any of themunless we request a replacement report from you.
- Minimize the number of files of the same form type you submit. Multiple files of the same type increase the chance that your report will fail validation. That is because we use an error threshold based on the percentage of error records in the file. A smaller file has a lower error threshold.
See Submitting Your Electronic Report for information on the various options for sending us your report. Please note that while we monitor all the reporting channels (PRL software upload, web site upload, email, CD/DVD and paper) and will get the report through any of them, you will get a confirmation of receipt email from us more quickly if you use one of the upload methods.
You can submit your report whenever you have finished making applications (or selling pesticides) for the year. We do not process early submissions as they arrive; typically they are processed in December.
- Upload from PRL Reporting Software or the web site: When the upload is complete, a page will display with your submission number and a list of files we received. We will also send you an email with the same information. The email will go to whatever email address was you entered into the contact email field in for the softwarecontact person. If no email arrives within an hour or so, you may want to contact us.
- Email: We will send you an email with your submission number and a list of the files we received.. The email will go to the email address that was used to send us the files. This email will usually be sent within one business day. If no email arrives within that time frame, you may want to contact us.
If you would like to verify whether your DEC-issued identification number has been credited with reporting for the current report year, you can do so on our Annual Reports Received page.