There are two ways to validate your report files, by the file or by the folder.
Only text files whose names start with one of the recognized prefix letters (P, A, M, or S) are checked. See File Naming for details about file naming conventions. If you are validating a file at a time and you choose a file with an invalid initial letter, it will fail validation.
To Validate a Single File
- Select one of the form types in the “Select Form to Open” frame.
- Select the “Validate File” button (or the menu item Validate –> File).
You will be prompted with a standard Windows dialog box to select a file to validate.
The list of files displayed is filtered to show only those with the correct initial letter (see File Naming).
- Pick the file you want to validate and select the “Open” button.
- When file validation is finished, you will see a message box telling you whether or not the file passed validation.
- If the file did not pass, open the exception report, fix the errors in the file and then re-try the validation.
To Validate a Report Folder
You may validate all of the PRL report files in a single folder in a single operation, instead of selecting each file individually.
- Select the menu item Validate –> Folder.
- You are asked whether you saved your files in the current report folder. If you answer “Yes”, the program proceeds with validation. If you answer “No”, you are shown a dialog box to select the folder that contains the report files.
- When validation is finished, a message box informs you:
- How many files were checked.
- How many of those files passed validation.
- How many files have warnings.
- How many files failed validation.
- Exception reports are created for any files with either Warnings or Errors.
- Validate File: Alt-V, F or Alt-V
- Validate Folder: Alt-V, D