Method 1 - Recommended
If you get this error message when trying to install our software, you are trying to install an old version of the software. Current versions (version 6 or later) of the PRL Reporting Software will install as updates to the prior versions, so you do not need to uninstall the old version. We recommend that you download and install the latest version of the software.
In addition, it may be a good idea to uninstall the previous version before installing the new version. Uninstalling the old version can help avoid confusion caused by having more than one version of the same program installed.
Some older versions of the PRL Reporting Software’s installation program checked for existing earlier versions and refused to install the PRL Reporting Software if an earlier version was present. If you do not have access to the Internet or cannot download the current version of our software, you should uninstall the old version before installing a new version.
- Open the Control Panel (from the Start menu, possibly under the Settings item depending on the version of Windows; use Windows key-X on Windows 8).
- Select Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- In the dialogue that opens, navigate to whichever PRL Reporting Software option (OptionA, OptionB, or OptionC) you previously installed, and click on it.
- Then click the "Change/Remove" button and follow the prompts to uninstall it.
- Once the old version is removed, you can install the new version.